Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 1 Down

Didn't think I' write again, but trying desperately to stay a wake until 8:30!  Jet lag..ugh! It is painful. Today consisted of a trip to the bank to exchange money, a meeting with Susan to review our paperwork for tomorrow, a huge, I mean GI normous (spelled that way intentionally) lunch, and a trip to Chinese Costco for some groceries.  After Susan left, we decided to do a lot of walking to keep ourselves awake.  Found ourselves in the midst of Chinatown-cockroaches on skewers and all!  Next stop was Forbidden City, just for a quick picture.  It is only a few blocks away and today was a fairly low smog, high sunshine day. Had to take advantage despite the jet lag that left Chris and me speechless for most of our journey.

Needless to say, we are NOT going to the House Party tonight:(  I am thoroughly bummed, but considering I can barely keep my eyes open at 8pm and we are meeting our daughter in 14 hours, it is a wise decision.

So, Chris and I have individually had our panic attacks today about our lives being forever changed tomorrow.  For me, it is like labor.  I am so desperate to finally see my child's face, to hold her in my arms.  Yet the moments leading up to that moment are full of worry, pain, doubt.  I have had the amazing blessing to have childbirth and adoption, yet having experienced it in the past does not lessen the anxiety, pain, fear, and excitement in the least!  Chris and I are full of intense emotions now, but of one thing we are completely certain.  God has had a plan for this child since before we ever saw her face, before she was ever born.  We have been blessed beyond belief to be a part of HIS plan for her.  We look forward to watching His plan unfold, beginning with our meeting tomorrow.
Good night!


3 comments:

  1. Your reference to childbirth helps me to feel your myriad of emotions. But by now, your labor is over and you can hold her , rock her , sing to her , soothe her. Congratulations , Katie and Chris, on the birth of your fourth child !
    Sending hugs, kisses, and love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteer at Feng Tai and have for the last few years while living in Beijing. Feng Lin is a beautiful, sweet girl and I am so happy for your family and her! I will miss seeing her every Friday! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete