Tuesday, November 18, 2014

TWO DAYS UNTIL TRAVEL

Well, I have reached maximum sleeplessness now.  I wake with thoughts racing every night.  One minute I am imagining embracing our little girl, the next minute I am panicking that I haven't learned enough phrases to communicate with her.  The next minute I am worried about how this new season is going to impact my three kiddos at home, and so on...  The only things that have kept me sane are God and my husband.  Both of them seem to balance my craziness quite well.  God has answered my prayers by continuously letting me experience little miracles that give me peace.  Some examples just this week...
1. My heart was aching for Feng Lin wanting to bring her friends with her.  Prayed about those two children. Miraculously met a woman on Facebook.  Her family is adopting one of the girls!  Here is the US!  Aaaahhhhh!

2. My dear friend, Katie, gave us a Christmas cactus after we brought home Quinn three years ago.  She said it should bloom around Christmas to help us remember Quinn's Forever Family Day (it never has. Ha!)  But I just looked at it a couple days ago and it had bloomed!  Overnight!  Just in time for Feng Lin's Forever Family Day!

3. Our guardian angel, Jennifer, just sent new pictures to us that were taken over Halloween (yes, Feng Lin learned about Halloween and went trick-or-treating.) 

Here are 10 questions that I cannot wait to answer about our daughter...
1. What does her laugh sound like and what makes her laugh?
2. What does her cry sound like and what makes her cry?
3. Is she stubborn or easy-going?
4. What is her favorite food, color, toy, activity?
5. Is she ticklish?
6. Does she have any freckles or birthmarks?
7. Is she chatty or quiet?
8. Is she a miss priss or tomboy or somewhere in between?
9. Does she like to sing or dance?
10. Is she more on the silly side or serious side? (The picture above may give a clue about that one:)
Next post...from Beijing!

2 comments:

  1. We will be following along and cheering you on from this side of the world! Best wishes and Godspeed...

    ReplyDelete