Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chillin...

MISS INDEPENDENT
That's pretty much how we spent the day today.  We started the day with a trip to the zoo.  Quinn was more interested in watching the kids run around than seeing the animals.  The weather was gorgeous, but Quinn was a little tired and ended up sleeping in the stroller most of the visit.

Chris and I got to see some pandas, tigers, elephants, etc.  All in all, it was pleasant, but not too thrilling.  We had lunch with Jack and his wife at a very popular restaurant nearby...more great food and tea.  Jack's such a great guy.  He's becoming more like a friend than our guide.  Quinn lights up when she sees him as well!  I'm sure it's a relief for her to have someone to communiate with:)

We came back and played in the room for a while and got to enjoy seeing Quinn imitate our facial expressions.  She is such a parrot and so expressive.  She's a joy!  Chris and I keep saying "God is not good, He's great!"  We can now see how God was orchestrating her being our daughter and Colin and Owen's sister.  The connection is unreal!

While Chris went to the gym, Quinn and I did some exploring and ended up spending an hour walking the residential streets of Guangzhou.  She slept again in the baby carrier as I walked.  After another siesta, she was rarin' to go, but Chris and I were pooped.  So, for the first time since we arrived in China, we ate dinner in.  A delicious combo of yogurt, grits and fruits for Quinn and Subway sandwiches and wine for Chris and me:)  After dinner and lots of nursery rhymes and wrestling, we had a breakthrough in the bath department.  I must be smitten because I was in the tub in my jeans letting my little girl dunk my head in water to show how fun it could be!  By the end of our tub time, she SAT in the tub, laughed, played, got washed, and didn't want to get out!  Hooray!


We received pics tonight of the boys and the grandparents withe the tree they had decorated.  The tree is beautiful and the boys look so happy.  Missing them so much:(



The week countdown to our trip home begins...trying to remember to savor every minute of our last week here...
P.S. Please keep a family that is here in your prayers.  A woman and her teen daughter came the same time we did to adopt her 12th and 13th children!  She has children adopted from many countries.  She is adopting an 11 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy, both with special needs.  She is having an extremely challenging time with them and I can see the heartbreak on her face:(  Makes us realize even more the blessings of our happy child.
Museums tomorrow...and some special worship time.  Praise God for all our blessings this Advent season!

2 comments:

  1. OH, what a precious site and exciting news! I can hardly wait to meet her. This will be a Christmas to remember for all of you - thanks be to God!!

    Hugs - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Quinn has gained some weight in a week - her little face looks rounder (and more mature, if that's possible?) And you all look like you were made for one another. I superimposed the boys into some shots (in my mind, of course) - and The Pendergrast family is the one I've imagined for over a year on a Christmas card. Fabulous...

    Uncle David's little girl was born yesterday - a bit early. Michelle Nicole Reidy weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. She is getting some extra help in breathing right now, but David feels she will be fine. Our family sure is growing!

    Ryan called and was so exciting about Skying with you guys. He clearly missed talking to you, but EVERYONE I talk with sends congratulations and they are enjoying the blog immensely. Kathy, G'ma and G'ma Jean are enthralled, to say the least.

    Love to you all. Soak it all in.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete