Friday, December 2, 2011

We're HERE!

Many thanks to "Graocery Store Amy" who helped us link in to our blog.  Here's what I had just written for my friend to post for us...pictures to follow now that we're linked in...

Hi all.  We are in Beijing safe and sound.  Unfortunately, blogs are blocked here so my dear friend is posting for me today and keeping us posted with pictures of our sweet boys whom we miss DEARLY.  I hope that we will have blog access when we arrrive in Guangzhou Sunday.  If not, I will try to get at least one picture posted of our sweet daughter once she's in our care.
We arrived in Beijing without incident and are staying in the center of the city in a great hotel!  We are near a pedestrian area so got to walk around a lot last night and enjoy some authentic duck cuisine that was delicious!  We got a surprise this a.m., the first snow of the season!  It snowed the entire time we toured the Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven.  I hope our pictures will convey the beauty of these historic landmarks with the gorgeous white back drop.  We had an amazing lunch at a picturesque restaurant where our guide, Rocky, was married.  We also enjoyed a Chinese Acrobatic Show...insanely dangerous and entertaining!  The jet lag caught up with us around 6pm so we decided to enjoy dinner in the hotel restaurant-pasta and red wine-which is now where I write this update.  I apologize in advance for spelling/grammar errors.  We are exhausted from a long, eventful day.
While we are enjoying our touring immensely, our hearts are in Guangzhou with Quinn.  When our plane landed, I thought to myself that for the first time since we saw Quinn's picture, we were awake at the same time.  For 10 months, we have said prayers for Quinn to have a good day while we slept and have prayed for her sleep when we rose.  Now we pray for her day as we rise and that she sleeps well while we sleep, and from now on we will rise when she rises and sleep when she sleeps.  It is a comforting and exhilarating thought at the same time.
We're going to sleep now and prepare ourselves for a visit to the Great Wall of China tomorrow!  Lots of love to family and friends...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah you are there!!! I am so happy that you are loving Beijing! So fun! I can't wait to see your pictures! I'm sure your anticipation for Monday is overwhelming !!
    Love,
    "grocery store" Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you all day. I am glad you have made it safe and sound. I can only imagine how excited you are to meet Quinn. I would love for our daughters to grow up together (: -Ellen S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reposting my comment as it had major spelling errors. So glad you posted as I have been thinking about you and praying for a safe trip. Can't wait to see you and Quinn together in your first picture. It's a surreal and wonderful experience. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete